Tuesday, June 16, 2015
1600 Florence Villa Gardens - Villa Medicea dell'Ambrogiana
Villa medicea l'ambrogiana by Giusto Utens (Flemish artist, 1558-1609) entre 1599 to 1602 Who painted a series of 14 glasses of villas & amp; Their gardens near Florence
The Villa is Ambrogiana Located on the left bank of the Arno along the river road from Florence to Livorno. Once a flourishing Medici hunting lodge, the Villa Ambrogiana Formed share of a system of "villa-farms" designed to celebrate the power of the Medici dynasty, aim it changed ict function over time, Becoming a self-sufficient production center That Played an essential Supplying role in provisions for the townhouses of the Grand Dukes.
The Villa's farm Ambrogiana est devenu property of the Medici in 1573. The villa Was commissioned by Ferdinando I de 'Medici, the Cardinal Who Would Become Roman Grand Duke of Tuscany in 1587 on the website of an existing mansion. The new building equipped with oven Was corner towers as well as a central cloister with a cistern. The structural labor exchange Were Conducted entre 1587 & amp; 1590 When A Plan Was completed for the garden & amp; the riverside entrance of the villa Was furnished with a grotto decorated with stones, fossils, & amp; reliefs selon the design of Giovan Battista del Tadda Ferrucci. During this stage of construction, renovations & amp; additions Were Performed by the foremost architects employed by the Grand Duchy. The presence of Raffaello Pagni, Who served as foreman of the Site Beginning in 1588, might suggest That Bernardo Buontalenti - who frequently Contributed to the design of Medici buildings - May-have served as the website's supervisor before leaving the completion of the project to His students & amp; Collaborators. During the years That Followed, Buontalenti's influences Was continued through the involvement of the engineer & amp; architect Gherardo Mechini.
As Suggested by the bezel painted by Utens, the building of the building regarded Could Be Complete by the end of the 16C. Due to ict strategic location & amp; proximity to the river & amp; woodlands, the Villa Ambrosiana est devenu a favorite leisure-time, hunting destination for members of the court as well as a comfortable resting place for guests of the Grand Dukes, as They Made Their Way entre Florence & amp; Livorno. The temporary nature of of the furnishings found at the villa - qui Primarily consisted of hunting weapons & amp; Easily removable hanging textiles - que la sccm to suggest building Was Rather infrequently used by the Medici rulers During the 2nd half of the 16C & amp; The Beginning of the 17C.